Monday, February 9, 2009

My First Weight Loss Goal

Where has the time gone? I can't believe I'm 43 and both of my kids are giving me grandchildren within 3 months of each other. My daughter gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on my anniversary in December. My son and his wife are having a baby boy in March. If you'd asked me a couple of years ago which one of my kids would be the first to have children, I would have told you my son. He had a steady girlfriend and they were planning to get married. My daughter was planning to go to college to study English and have a career as an English professor at a university.

All of that changed when my daughter found out that she was pregnant at the age of 18 and at the time was really mad at the baby's father. I sure didn't know what I was going to do. She was so scared. So was I. I never expected to become a grandmother at 43, but I wouldn't trade my granddaughter for anything. She's been an absolute joy! I can't imagine my life without her.

I've come to a realization. I'm getting lazy, fat, and old and I have to do something about it. A couple of weeks ago my husband and I have started going to the gym and working out. I've lost 3 pounds since we started! I weighed in at 215. I can't wait until I get below 200. It's been years since I've weighed less than 200. I don't like the way I look and feel. I'm posting a picture of me from this summer. I really don't like to have my picture taken. This is my incentive to keep on working out. I can't continue to be this way. It's not good for my health. I want to be able to keep up with my grandbabies when they are able to run around. I have to be ready to take them to the park and Six Flags and other places. I won't be able to do that like I am now. I want to be below 200 in 2 months. That's my first major hurdle. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment