Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Lost Almost 4 Pounds!

Great news! I lost 3.7 pounds this past week! I stepped on the scale and it read 210.3 down from 214 last Wednesday. I was so excited. It's about time I had a good weight loss. We are starting to follow the old Weight Watchers Selection Plan for our diet. It has been the plan that has helped me the most when I've been seriously trying to lose weight. I like it because it's real food; not those pre-packaged meals you get on other programs. Those plans are expensive, and money isn't exactly something we have a lot of right now. I think the combination of going to the gym and eating better is the key.

Gary and I stepped up our exercising this week. He found a workout plan in a body building magazine that we are following. I'm glad to have a routine to follow. It really helps me make sure I work all parts of my body. I haven't had much pain from the strenuous exercises, but last night was the first time we did the new routine. I usually don't feel anything until the 2nd day after a workout. I may be hurting in the morning.

I got a fitness magazine, too. There is a great quote in it from Plato. "Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it." That is so true. It's exactly what I've been doing to myself. I've been sitting around for the last 10 years getting lazy and fat! I want to preserve my life. I can't chase my grandbabies around the house while I'm in this condition. I think I'm on the right path to a healthier me.

My granddaughter is so cute. She's starting to move around a lot more. My daughter will prop her up on her pillow and she kicks and moves her arms like she's running or swimming. She's also making more sounds. She loves to sit in her bouncy chair and kick and wiggle. She even grins sometimes when we play with her. I can't wait until she starts laughing. It's so precious to hear a baby laugh. It's music to the soul. It always makes my mood better when I hold my granddaughter. She is such a joy. I'm going to enjoy these moments while they last. I know all too well they grow up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment