Friday, February 20, 2009

Our third workout in one week

We did it! We finally did 3 workouts this week! I'm so proud of us for sticking to our guns and getting our third workout in. We are starting to see a little bit of progress, too. My husband's stomach is getting smaller and he's getting definition in his arms and legs. He told me this morning when I was getting dressed for work that my butt is starting to look rounder. :-) I think we're starting to get to the point where going to the gym is becoming a habit. We made sure not to let anything get in the way of going tonight. No excuses! We're looking forward to the days when we are both below 150 pounds. I weighed 177 when we met almost 13 years ago and I've just been getting fatter ever since. I desperately needed to do something to get out of the rut I was in. It's wonderful to finally be doing something about my weight and health instead of just talking about it and feeling sorry for myself. It's my own fault I'm this way. I know better. I saw my mother struggle with her weight all my life.

I did really well with my eating today. One of the staff members brought donuts to work this morning. I usually can't resist a blueberry cake donut. They are so yummy. I didn't even eat half a donut! I felt so good about myself for not giving in to the temptation. Those cake donuts are hard to resist. I've loved them ever since my Grandma made them for me when she was visiting us for my high school graduation. That was 25 years ago! Wow! I won't even attempt to figure out how many of them I've had since that time.

I better get some rest now. I'm wiped out!

No comments:

Post a Comment