Monday, February 9, 2009

Tomorrow's Wellness Check

Tomorrow at work we are having a wellness check. We are all getting weighed, our height measured, and our cholesterol levels checked. It's an insurance thing. My company gets a better rate if we all go through this little "check up". The cholesterol check isn't really that accurate, but it gives us a base line. Last year it showed my good cholesterol was a little low, but my overall was fine. I'll see if it improved. I hope I've lost some more weight.

I did okay with my eating today. I had oatmeal for breakfast, a Subway sandwich for lunch (Ham on Honey Oat bread, yum!) and 2 all beef hot dogs for dinner. In a moment of weakness, I had a 3 Musketeers bar and 4 Thin Mints. I was feeling bad and I use food for comfort. It's a terrible habit and that's part of how I got the way I am. I need to get on a plan and stick to it. I did Weight Watchers years ago when they were using dietary exchanges. That plan worked well for me. I lost 25 pounds on that one about 14 years ago. I don't know why I didn't stay on it. I think I got really lazy. No, I know I got really lazy. I hate to cook. I don't know if it's because I don't feel I have the time or if it's because I had to cook when I was a teenager because Mom worked outside the home. Either way, I hate to cook. My husband is a really great cook but low fat is not his style. That's another reason I'm fat. I love to eat his cooking! ARGH!!!!! This is frustrating! I've got to stop being lazy and start cooking healthier, lower fat meals. I'll never get below 200 if I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment