Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Diet

Tuesday's wellness check was a mess! My good cholesterol is too low (36), my bad cholesterol is too high (121) and my triglycerides are too high (137)! It was pretty depressing. When I came home and told my husband about it, he started us both on a diet. Lots of vegetables, less red meat, and cut back on the sodas. I was told that more vegetables would help my good cholesterol go up. The new diet and working out three days a week should get me going in the right direction.

We went to the gym on Tuesday and worked on the elliptical and upper body. I went for 3 minutes on the elliptical before I had to rest. I'm trying to add at least 30 seconds each time. I want to get up to 5 minutes in the next couple of weeks. I'm up to 28 crunches. I can't do them all at once, but I don't have to stop for very long in between.

My granddaughter is so cute! She is getting so big already! She gets the hiccups a lot. I can't believe she's almost 2 months old already! It won't be long and she'll be running all over the house getting into things. I want to be ready when that time comes. I'm sure I'll be getting more energy and stamina soon. I can't wait to be a "smokin' hot grandma". My husband is anxious to see some results, too. He's starting to get some definition in his abs already. We'll both be "smokin hot" in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment