Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday-William F and Flossie Baker Abrams

William Franklin Abrams
and
Flossie Baker Abrams
These were my maternal grandfather's parents. William Franklin Abrams was born 31 Dec 1887 to Solomon Turpin Abrams and Louisa Edmonds Gadd Abrams in Jackson Co., KY. He married Flossie Baker about 1910. He died 29 Feb 1968 in Franklin, OH.

Flossie Baker was born 7 Aug 1896 to William Houston Baker and Mahaley Jane Malicoat in KY. She died 10 Aug 1982 in Middletown, Butler Co., OH.

I was not quite 3 when William died so I don't remember him. I only remember meeting Flossie once in 1979.
I got this photo from http://www.findagrave.com/ . If you've never been to their website, you should go. I've found pictures of some of my ancestors' tombstones there. If there is not a picture of the tombstone, you can sometimes find the name of the cemetery where your ancestors are buried.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tina--I noticed this post was in September, but it showed up on my Google Alerts because of the words "The Hopes and Dreams..." I, too, live in Texas--an 8th generation Texan, back before the time of Texas as a Republic. I write Western Historical (Texas) Romance novels, and my first book is titled "All My Hopes and Dreams." Also, your blog is interesting because my two sisters have researched our family lines--from all directions--for years. I don't work with them, but we have a ton of information and old photos. It's a treasure, and I admire you for keeping your family informed. Usually, one so young as you does not become interested in genealogy. Good for you. Celia Yeary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the gracious comment, Celia. I've been in Texas since 1983 when I moved here from Oklahoma to go to Texas Wesleyan College (University now). My husband's family has been in Texas for quite some time, but not as long as yours! I will look for your books. I am very interested in historical novels, fiction and non-fiction.

    I love genealogy! My maternal grandfather gave me a list of names and birth and death dates of his family on his father's side when I was still in high school. I thought it was neat, but I didn't really know what to do with it so I put it away. Now that my grandfather is 88 and has Alzheimer's I've really wanted to learn more about my family. I encourage you and your sisters to continue your research.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog! Have a great day! Tina :-)

    ReplyDelete