Saturday, September 19, 2009

SNGF - Ahnentafel Roulette

Randy @ Genea-Musings has come up with another great Saturday Night Genealogy Fun.

1) How old is your father now, or how old would he be if he had lived?  Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number.  This is your "roulette number".

2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ahnentafel.  Who is that person?

3) Tell us three facts about that person with the "roulette number".

4) Write about it in a blog post, in a Facebook note or comment, or as a comment on this blog post.

5) If you do not have a person's name for your "roulette number" then spin the wheel again - pick your mother, or yourself, a favorite aunt or cousin, or even your children.

Here goes!

My dad, Thomas Edwin Gamble, is 66.  Divide that by 4 and you get 16.5 so that rounds to 17.  Number 17 in my ahnentafel is my great-great grandmother Elizabeth Ann Wrean.  She was born in 1829 in Nova Scotia, Canada.  She married William N. Gamble about 1851 in Pennsylvania.  They had 6 children, the youngest being my great grandfather Ulysses Grant Gamble.  She died in 1911 in Cedar Run, Lycoming Co., Pennsylvania.

I don't know anything else about her except her father was born in Scottland and her mother's first name was Minnie.  Unfortunately, I don't have any photographs of her either, at least not that I know of.  I have a whole bunch of unidentified photos on DVD that my uncle gave me.

Thanks for the great blog topic tonight, Randy!

No comments:

Post a Comment